Monday, September 28, 2009

Daily Eats: 9/28

I am having a hard time getting up and getting motivated in the morning. I think this is the main reason I am not eating breakfast and am constantly almost late to work. I set the alarm for 5:30 AM this morning, which resulted in no morning run, but enough time for a long shower, coffee, blogs, and breakfast. I caught up with young house love, blue eyed bride, and mega nerd while sipping a pumpkin spiced latte (made in the crock) and eating yogurt and peanut butter toast.
Lunch was a recreation of my dinner yesterday. A roll topped with Swiss cheese, asparagus, squash & zucchini. I also packed a bowl of fruit as a snack. I ended up eating the fruit bowl with my sandwich. If you are in the area, Publix has them on sale.

My work day was a blast. We made lots of these....
After reading this...
And my students kept trying to sneak a few of these, while my back was turned.
I left school early today to make sure I could get in a run. I ran for 40 minutes on the treadmill. I lifted for another 30 minutes. I really like lifting weights, it makes me feel strong and powerful.

We were supposed to be eating tortellini for dinner tonight, but I forgot to plug in the crock pot this morning before I left so our dinner was shot. We always have fixings for pancakes in the house and who doesn't love breakfast for dinner? We had pancakes with spinach, mushroom, and onion quiche. I topped my pancakes with almond butter, bananas, and maple syrup. Mr. R had his with a sausage patty.
Amazingly enough I ate all five servings of fruit and veggies today, which is something I never usually accomplish. My tummy is full and a new episode of Mad Men is calling my name. See you tomorrow for Taco Tuesday in honor of Rachel's birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Love the addition of the food pics! I can't wait to see what you bring to lunch tomorrow too :)

    ReplyDelete