Thursday, September 10, 2009

Running & Thinking

I think running in the early morning gives me the time and the quiet to actually think. (I know this may sound hard to believe with all the heavy breathing and gasping for air that my body is doing). The hour I spend on the road or the treadmill lets my mind wonder and imagine or pontificate.

My latest musings:

1. If senior citizens are spending all of their social security money on medical care, why not end social security and send that extra money over to health care. I can't figure out how cutting $500 million from the medicare/medicaid budget will help fund health care. (Do the math people!)

2. If I keep modifying my curriculum to fit the needs of every individual education plan am I really teaching my curriculum?

3. The Simpson's and south park were way ahead of the their time. The issues (nonsense) they covered in the 90s and early 2000s portray the stupidity I see on a daily basis. The episode featuring voting on the school mascot is sheer brilliance. I currently think I am in the same boat with the new state senate and gubernatorial elections.

4. Since when does parenting equal sending emails and throwing money at your child?

5. Why do so many people smoke. Didn't they have DARE programs at their middle school?

6. Obama's health care plan makes no sense and if you really think you can have a public and private plan simultaneously then I have a bridge to sell you. The old adage was right, you cannot have your cake and eat it too.

7. Why do politicians automatically assume they have your vote before they have proven themselves or their cause? Just because we live at casa repunlicana, does not mean I have to vote the party line. (aka please do not vote for Dan Quiggle on 9/15)

8. Aren't loose fitting skinny jeans the same things as straight leg jeans?

9. Why will my dogs eat baby carrots, but not slices of carrot?

10. And finally, why did the lesbians have to take over Birkenstocks? Those sandals are so comfortable and I miss truly wearing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment