Sunday, September 13, 2009

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.

We sang this song in church this morning and I cannot tell you how great it was to let go of myself and my burdens and just really focus on God and all that he has done for me. Our message today was on the wonder of God. And to be honest it has been a very long time since I had contemplated how much God continues to do in my life and how very little I deserve his grace and mercy.

I wanted to take a moment from my daily musings, rants, and nonsense to focus on all the things in my life that are full of wonder and praise worthy.

1. Mr. R and I own a home and are able to make our mortgage payments and save for the future.

2. We are both currently employed and would not be if we didn't relocate two years ago.

3. We are credit card free. (And believe me this was a long time coming).

4. We have wonderful friends who accept us as we are and welcome us into their lives and hearts on a daily basis.

5. We have two adorable dogs (Simon & Sophie) who provide unconditional love no matter what mood we come home in.

6. We maintained our marriage for almost four years through times of love, anger, feast, and famine.

7. I live in a nation that allows me to express my opinions, vote for who I want, and better myself.

8. I am running a marathon in 4 short weeks with four other wonderful women who are constant encouragement even when I don't believe in myself.

When I list my praises out, I have so many things to be thankful for. Philippians 4:8 says it best. When I am overwhelmed, bogged down, or feeling unlovely this week. I will think on these 8 things and be filled with wonder and praise for my heavenly father who makes all of these things possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment