Saturday, May 7, 2011

A tribute to my Mom. Happy Mother's Day!



Thank You Mom
  • for the countless meals you made
  • for the braids, buns, curls, and updo's you fixed
  • for the bumps and scrapes you cleaned and bandaged
  • for the tears you wiped away
  • for pretending and playing dress-up
  • for stories out of the mouth
Thank You Mom
  • for being silly
  • for back to school shopping trips and fashion tips
  • for prom/holly ball shopping
  • for wedding gown shopping
  • for countless hours of advice and never not picking up my phone calls
  • for being hard when I needed it
  • for being soft when I needed a shoulder to cry on
Thank You Mom
  • for telling me I am beautiful
  • for instilling self confidence
  • for attending every swim meet
  • for taking me to St. E's SEVEN times before I decided it was the college for me
  • for making sure I knew you loved me
  • for teaching about Jesus Christ 
  • for listening to my music and my singing in the car
  • for putting your dreams and wants on hold so I could go after mine
  • for correcting me and punishing me when it was needed
  • for making me a better person
Thank You Mom
  • for the endless hours you spent driving my friends and me all over town
  • for taking me on vacations
  • for allowing me to travel the globe and experience new cultures
  • for showing me just how blessed I really am
  • for working VBS year after year
  • for giving up your summers to have quality time with me
  • for teaching me about money and how to be responsible
  • for encouraging me to never ever give up on my dreams
Mom, I really don't know how you did it. 
I don't know how you made it look so easy. 
I don't know how you were always smiling. 
I don't know how you juggled work, family, church, commitments and friends. 
 I really hope that I turn out just like you; because you really are that awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment