Monday, May 9, 2011

Monday Musings and a BIG belly.

Good: Today I gave a test. It was pretty hard test. My students rocked and made a perfect bell curve. I give myself a gold star in the teaching department today.

Better: Pip is still growing and gaining. My stomach is now measuring 36 weeks! Only 3 weeks behind my due date and I am up a pound. (11 pounds gained so far) This means Pip is gaining and has dropped into position. Today we actually had a good appointment with positive talk. We haven't had one of those in over a month and it was such a relief to finally hear some good news. Of course, Pippa is still a skinny minnie, but the doctors are talking less about c-sections and inductions and more about letting her come on her own. I might make it to 40 weeks after all.

Best: Tonight was our last birth class and I feel great, almost confident about our pre-Pip time coming to an end. Sure, we are scared out of our minds about being parents and labor still gives me nightmares, but I think we are truly ready to meet this little girl we have been talking about, reading to, and loving on for the past 9 months. I had a non-stress test tonight and Piper looked great. Lots of movement, a few contractions, and perfect heartbeat. My stomach is now rock hard and I feel lots of pressure on my lower half. I am thinking a mid May birthday would be awesome, perhaps May 11th, 12th, or 13th?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had such a great appointment.
    I remember wanting to keep Caroline in as long as possible because I knew that's when the hard part would really begin.

    I hope your remaining pregnant days are as comfy as possible. :)

    ReplyDelete