Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend Update!

In the summer I only work 4 days a week! If you can call Marine Science work. Last week I almost felt guilty collecting a pay check the kids were fantastic and I spent my days kayaking (next to dolphins!) and body surfing at the beach.

Thursday: Had a fun dinner with Mr. R at an outdoor restaurant downtown. I decided to be adventurous and tried crawfish etouffee. It was fantastic! We listened to free music at the plaza and shared gelato on the walk home. Have I mentioned how much I love summer?

Friday: Since I am on the get fit train, I spent Friday at the gym and shoveling stones at the puppy park. It was incredibly hot and I was incredibly sweaty. I think I managed to slip a nap in there too.

Saturday: I was glutton for more punishment! Back to the gym for a 5 mile run and more shoveling rocks. The puppy park is 1/2 finished. We only have a bout 25 more loads to move. That is if I can even move my arms again. I feel like the little brother in the Christmas story, except he couldn't put his arms down and I can't lift mine up!

Sunday: Father's Day is always a rough day for me. It's been 9 years since my dad passed and I miss him so much. Some days are worse than others and I know that I will see him again someday in heaven. I spent the day visiting my grandfather and remembering that I have been blessed with great father figures throughout my life and with a heavenly father who continues to provide for me when I don't deserve his grace, forgiveness, or everlasting love.

No comments:

Post a Comment