Friday, June 19, 2009

Things I used to care about that I have let slip through the cracks...

I was one of those girls who swore she would never get married. And then I did.
I was also one of those girls that said I didn't believe in two souls becoming one. And then I fell madly in love with married life and was willing to let go of some of things I loved when I was single.
I was one of those girls who swore I wouldn't give up my "me time" and "my girls". And yet now I have moved away from my high school and college friends and spend many nights hanging out at home with my husband.

Normally, I relish in married life. Having someone to share my days with, having someone to sleep with and cuddle next to. I love spending time together learning new things or exploring new places.

But.. I am starting to miss the old Hilary. The girl who backpacked across the Northwest, moved to New Orleans knowing no one, the girl who thought nothing of protesting for things she thought were wrong, and was brash and brazen at all times.

Is it possible that I lost her in the shuffle of marriage, moving, and new jobs? Is she just hiding under the cover of dutiful wife and mother to two adorable dogs?

1 comment:

  1. I know I struggle with some of these things too. Perhaps it's just about finding the balance to fit in all the different parts - hubby time, alone time, girlie time etc. Let me know if you figure something out because I'd love to add all of these things back into my life too! :)

    P.S.
    We do need to have some girlie time now that we don't have after school in one of our classrooms! We are SAD! :)

    ReplyDelete