Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Another wedding?

Three years ago this month I was busy counting response cards, finalizing wedding details, picking out dance music, and praying my dress still fit. I loved every second of planning our wedding from designing our invitations, to dress shopping, cake tasting, and organizing the welcome bags and favors.

I discovered how much I loved to plan events and from then on I have relished every party, family dinner, and game night we have thrown. I love writing the invitations, selecting the perfect graphics, creating menus, and arranging the house to create cozy seating areas.

Mr. R recently decided to host a large even this fall for Marco Rubio our new Young Republican senatorial candidate. (He is running against the incompetent education shunning Charlie Crist, so you know who I am rooting for!) He will be speaking here in Saint Augustine and we are hoping to host around 250 people. Mr. R, not being a details man, asked me to help in the planning and of course I said YES! (Another wedding! Well, almost). I may not be saying "I do.", but I still get to select a venue, dinner menu, dessert selection (almost a cake), music, and invitations.

I made a quick to do list tonight with a few things I need to nail down before the end of the month:
1. Find venue (needs to seat at least 150 -250)
2. Find caterer for venue (if necessary)
3. Come up with theme that is not too election-ish
4. Create mock invitation/ticket to present to fellow YRs at June 8th meeting
If you have any ideas you want to share my ears are open!

***Photo taken from Rubio for Senate 2010***
http://marcorubio.com/

1 comment: