Friday, June 5, 2009

Amazingly blessed!

So much has changed in one day... I went to work yesterday planning to spend my summer taking courses and pinching pennies. I didn't check my email yesterday morning and by lunch when I dared to open it I had 23 messages. Hidden in between notes from parents, staff notices, and junk mail was a letter from the marine science director asking me back! So it turns I am a workin' girl this summer. This means instead of having to "make it work", to quote Tim Gunn, with the funds we have. We will be a little more comfortable and be able to do a few of the house projects we have been planning.

Today I will be chaperoning my class on a field trip to Sea World. I almost think I am more excited than the kids! I have wonderful students this year who I can honestly say I will miss as this year comes to an end. I hope the rain holds off until tonight so we can all have a fantastic, sunny, rollercoaster ride filled day. I'll let you know how I make out on manta. (I am trying to be brave, but the idea of being strapped on my stomach while going through corkscrews scares me to DEATH!)

Tomorrow is still to be decided, than announced.

I was given the opportunity to take a certification class in gifted ed. (I teach so MANY gifted students in the advanced classes and I am without the necessary classes) The class runs from 10am to 4pm. At the same time I need to practice setting up and loading the kayaks for marine science (my summer job). I will be taking the kids kayaking twice a week to a new location that I am unfamiliar with. This means I need to step it up and be prepared. I am hoping there is some way I can to accomplish both tasks. (Cross your fingers).

And tomorrow night is GAFFIGAN! A few months ago Mr. R surprised me with tickets to see our favorite comedian Jim Gaffigan. (Bacon!) Mr. R has been watching him since his Conan days and I discovered him on the TV show My Boys (which I love and watch religiously!). He is playing (is that the appropriate word for a comedian?) in Orlando and I am super excited for some quality time with Mr. R and a great date night. (I am hoping we can get drinks at Margaritaville before hand!). Hint! Hint! Mr. R! (if you are reading this.)

It's getting close to 6:00 am and I need to hit the showers and prepare for a 13 hour day in the land of Disney. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment