Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Southern Hospitality

There is just something about the summer months that makes me want to play hostess. The long days make a perfect setting to backyard BBQs, s'more dessert nights, and crab boils complete with newspaper table cloths. The latest RR magazine was filled with glossy pictures of summer fare and all of these really cute summer party ideas that make me want to bust out my inner Martha.

Summer Party Idea #1: New England Clambake
The magazine featured a recipe for a shrimp roll, similar to the lobster rolls you would eat in Maine. One look at the delicious creation had me breaking out my seersucker and Pepperidge Farm accent. I decided to host a pre-4th of July party featuring foods from my summer vacations in the land of LL Bean.

Invitation: www.invitingco.com
Food:
3. Mini crab cakes with mango salsa - http://www.chef-menus.com/crab-cakes-recipe.html
4. Strawberry shortcake trifle*
5. And for the non-seafood eaters a platter of sliders with tomato, mayo, romaine & bacon. (This is the way you eat them in the vacation state.)
Shortcake Trifle*
Layer slices of pound cake, sugared strawberries, and real whipped cream in a trifle bowl. End with a final layer of sliced strawberries. My trifle bowl fits two layers of each.
Hope you can make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment