Thursday, October 25, 2012

Embrace the Camera

I had one of those mornings this morning. If you are a female reader I am sure you know exactly what I am talking about. This morning my favorite "I feel skinny" jeans were dirty, the shirt I had picked out was a bit too tight, and when I looked in the mirror all I could see were dark circles. My hair was all wrong, my shoes didn't provide the pop of color I was hoping for, and I turned away from the glass in disgust.

And then I looked down and there was Pip.  She watches me wash my face, put on make-up, pick out clothes, get dressed... She is my shadow throughout my whole morning routine. She is watching how I act, how I speak, and soon my thoughts on beauty, attractivness, and how I treat my body will influence her own.

With that scary thought on my mind I decided to straighten up, put on a new shirt, and fake a postive attitude about my body. Fake it until you make it right? I am not going to have a daughter with body images that she inherited from me. I am not going to pass on my insecurities to her.
So today I am embracing the camera with Pip. And even though in this picture I see things I don't like I am going to smile and I am going to keep taking pictures. And I will raise a girl who is confident in her own skin.
She is clothed in strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. Proverbs 31:25

1 comment: