Monday, August 13, 2012

We went to France. (Not really, but it's fun to pretend)

Mr. R. and I plan an out of country vacation every four years. We save our pennies for three years and then on the fourth year we spend hours in the Barnes and Nobel travel section trying to decide where to go and what we will see, where we will stay or most importantly, what we will eat.

This year is a saving year. No out of country travel for us. But that doesn't mean we can't pretend. Last Wednesday we went to France for the night. I bought a bottle of red wine, made my famous brie, cranberry, and pecan dip. And Mr. R. and I settled in for a movie. I chose National Lampoon's European Vacation. It has all the best views of Paris, England, and Germany without cringe worthy hijinks that had us doubled over laughing. 

I also made Mr. R. pose for a passport picture, (the black and white photos above). I plan to use the photos to make him a faux passport that we can use for our international date nights. Corny yes, but its little dates like these that keep our budget intact and our relationship in check.  

No comments:

Post a Comment