Saturday, August 18, 2012

Back to work.

After having two glorious months off this summer, I returned to full time employment on Monday. The first week back in the classroom is always overwhelming, bittersweet, and exciting. It's very hard to leave my girl each morning, but rushing in the door at 3:45 each day is my favorite part. At 4:00 PM we wave goodbye to Miss Rita and start our night as a family.

I have been trying to be more INTENTIONAL with my time this summer. That means no more wasting time waiting for life to happen or plans to be made. This week we made time for the park, a visit to my grandparents, a trip to the store, nightly dinners at the table, a Thursday night dance party, and dinner with my grandparents on Friday. At 7:00PM our day stops for bath time and two books. And then at 8:00 Mr. R. and I have time together, we usually end up watching a DVD, but once again trying to be more intentional, I hope to sneak in at least one school night date per week. 

There are a few things I have learned this week.
1. My to-do list is always longer than the number of hours I have in my day. I need to just let go of my todo list.
2. I am a MUCH NICER person when I exercise.
3. I have the best job in the world. My students are so excited for science this year. We are talking high fiving, giant smiles, and exclamations of "so cool!". They made me excited to jump right into teaching on Monday.
4. Teaching is my day job and while it does pay the bills, it's not the only job I have. It is possible to be an awesome Mom and wife while teaching. It just takes balance.
5. Piper is watching everything I do. While doing my are weight on Thursday Pip start doing bicep curls right along with me.

Today we have a birthday party for our favorite twins and tonight Mr. R. and I have a date. Three cheers to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment