Sunday, April 15, 2012

What we've been eating.

We are still crock-potting along over here.
Last week we had a few winner when it came to dinner and I thought I would share.

This soup tastes VERY similar to the Olive Garden Sausage and Potato soup that I love. The creator of this soup cut the saturated fat and boosted the protein for a quick meal that is filling, but not fattening. I served this with bread and we ate it for dinner twice and lunch once.  Also, I did not use turkey sausage. Regular sausage was on sale at Publix so we used the mild Italian version. 

Holy Yum! This recipe is good. Take the time to sear the pork on all sides, it is worth it. We ate this for dinner (two nights) over black beans and rice. I also served ours with avocado and fresh pico de gallo. The pico came from Publix.

This recipe has been going around on pinterest for a while now and I had been saving it for company. And then I thought, why wait, you should test out the recipe BEFORE you serve it for company. So we did. And they were amazing! I halved the recipe for Mr. R. and me and we ate these for lunch ALL LAST WEEK. So good. I served these with a simple salad of greens, Granny Smith apple, blue cheese and walnuts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment