Thursday, April 5, 2012

Embrace the camera: Life as a stay at home Mom

Last summer when Pippa was newborn and I was a sleep deprived, emotional, new Mama I was convinced I could NEVER be a stay at home Mom. Come August, I needed to go back to work. I needed adult conversation. I needed a reason to get dressed. I needed to find fulfillment beyond pumping, nursing, and rocking my baby to sleep. 
But now 7 months later I am changing my tune. I have had SO much fun with Pip this week. Spring Break has been amazing! We have been to the beach twice, the pool daily, and the splash park. We taste tested cupcakes, visited the library, ran errands at Target and Publix in a non-rushed manner. We have taken long walks around the neighborhood. Visited my grandparents on a daily basis. And met tons of new friends that we hope to see again this summer. 
I know right now my calling is my classroom and I am ment to continue teaching the crazy 6th and 7th graders I spend 7.5 hours a day with. However, I CANNOT wait for summer. I think teaching gives me the best of both worlds, stay at home Mom and 9 to 5-er. 

No comments:

Post a Comment