Monday, April 2, 2012

Juicing Days 1 & 2

It has been well stated on this blog that I LOVE coffee. My coffee habit started in college with a daily cup of Joe and slowly graduated to multiple cups. Last week I was up to three cups a day and I still felt EXHAUSTED. A few bloggers had talked about a juice detox for energy and to reboot their metabolism. Then a Facebook friend jumped on the bandwagon and successfully kicked his 5 cup a day coffee habit.

I did the research and watched the much talked about documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. By Friday night I was convinced that a juice detox was in order and that my spring break was the perfect week to give it a try.

Saturday: Juice for breakfast and dinner. Chick-fil-a nuggets and salad for lunch.

Sunday: Juice for breakfast and dinner. Lunch at my grandparents house. My grandmother served my two favorites cabbage and corn casserole. So good!

Monday: Juice for breakfast and lunch. I made a version of Panera's vegetable soup for dinner.

As you can tell, I am easing into this detox. Juicing twice a day works with my schedule and I increased my water intake to 90 ounces a day. So far I am down 1.2 pounds and I am drinking 1 cup of coffee a day. My goal is to be coffee free and only drinking juice by next week. 

Juice recipes:

Breakfast: 1 apple (honeycrisp or fuji), 7 baby carrots, 2 stalks of celery, mixed with  1 cup of Bolthouse Farm's C-boost juice.

Lunch/Dinner: 1 apple (granny smith), 2 stalks of celery, 6 stalks of kale, 5 baby carrots, mixed with 1 cup of Odwalla Superfood juice.
Snack: 1 cup of mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries), 1/2 cup of POM juice, and 1/2 of Orange Juice

No comments:

Post a Comment