Monday, April 2, 2012

The crock-pot

It's been a while since I did a foodie post on the blog.
I am back to working out 4-6 times per week and as much as I WANT to workout in the morning, my body CRAVES sleep and I end up hitting snooze on the alarm.
This means I work out from 4:30 -5:30 or 6 in the afternoon, after I get home, and we walk the dogs.
This also means that Jeff is in charge of dinner.

On the nights I work out we eat out of the crock-pot. I prep in the morning before work and Mr. R. is responsible for stirring it during the day, setting the table, and clean-up.

Here's a few of our favorites from the past month.

1. Chicken Tortilla Soup A friend at work made this for my birthday and I could not get enough of it. It's incredibly simple to prep and cooks on low for 6-9 hours. The perfect weeknight dinner. We liked ours served over tortilla chips topped with grape tomatoes, cheddar cheese, and sour cream.
Image from Allrecipes.com

2. Blackbean soup. This is my go to dinner. Cheap, easy, and healthy. Piper even eats it!
Image from Allrecipes.com

This does not look or taste anything like chicken cordon blue. But it does taste fabulous! Mr. R. has requested this dinner TWICE since I first made it. I prep this in the morning and Mr. R. will plug in the crockpot around noon. This dinner needs 5 hours on low or 3 hours on high.
Image from Allrecipes.com

4. Pineapple Chicken. Easy to prep and I am betting you already have the ingredients on hand. This makes A LOT because the chicken shreds so nicely. We eat this chicken on top of salad, with rice or in taco shells topped with lettuce, mango salsa, and cheese. So good!
Image from Mel's Kitchen Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment