Sunday, April 15, 2012

We can only hope and pray for the day that CANCER is just an astrological sign.

"Relay For Life is a life-changing event that helps communities across the globe celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease."
 -Relayforlife.org
I love that we were able to come together as a FAMILY this year and honor my dad. 
 This year we joined a team of my colleagues for two hours of the 18 hour walk. This year we also walked in honor of Leo Spong (Miss Rita's brother), and Irene Jacobson (Danielle's mother-in-law). We proudly pushed Miss Pip around the track in honor of those we lost and those that are still fighting. 
 Mr. R. took over stroller duty for the last hour of the walk and Miss Pip promptly fell asleep.  
She slept through singing, dancing, and even a few greetings from my students. I am not sure what the walk will look like next year with an almost two year old, but I know we will be a part of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment