Friday, December 30, 2011

It really is...

 THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR!

I really love Christmas and all the build-up that leads to the magical day marked December 25th. But what I really love is the days following Christmas. As a teacher I get the week after Christmas off and that allows me time to slow way down and enjoy my family. 
As you know, my mom and Todd visited us this year and we spent the days after Christmas sightseeing, riding the red train, eating copious amounts of dessert, laughing around my grandparents dining room table, and catching up. We weren't on a time schedule. We weren't running to in every direction. We weren't rushed.
I spend at least 340 days a year on the run, making lists, planning the next big thing. It has been absolutely wonderful to spend the last four days just embracing the moment and going with the flow. 
I know 2012 is right around the corner and with it comes new beginnings, new goals, and new lists. But tonight it is still 2011 and I am going to sign off, enjoy my one pot dinner, slowly sip my glass of wine, and snuggle with Mr. R. on the couch as our Christmas lights twinkle for one final night.

*Today's photos were taken this afternoon at my grandparents house. Piper has learned how to stop, roll, and catch a ball. 

No comments:

Post a Comment