Saturday, December 24, 2011

December Daily: Twenty Four

 And the stockings were hung by the chimney with care...
Miss Pip is fast asleep and Mr. R. and I are enjoying cups of peppermint tea. Our Christmas tree lights are the only ones on in the living room. And I am taking a moment to bask in quiet merriment. 
Christmas is a busy season full of shopping, wrapping, socializing, visiting, caroling, eating, traveling.... that I sometimes lose myself in the celebrations and picture taking. 
Tonight we attended Christmas eve service and the message take home points were that the Christmas story is an intervention to save me from a sinful world, a redemption story of grace that I cannot earn but am given, and an adoption story that makes me a daughter of the king. 
As I gaze as the wrapped presents, our beautiful tree, my handsome husband, and the sweet face of my sleeping daughter, I must remember who made this wonderful life I have possible.
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son so that all who believe in him will not perish, but have ever lasting life. 

1 comment:

  1. Amen!
    Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete