Friday, December 23, 2011

December Daily: Twenty Three

Here we come a'caroling...
My mom started a neighborhood tradition of caroling. For eleven years my family and our three neighbors have delivered cookies, cards, and sung two Christmas carols to the 20 plus houses on her block. I have caroled with the neighbors three times and Mr. R. even joined in for Christmases 2003 and 2004. 
I have been wanting to continue the tradition down here, but never followed through. We always felt there were a few things holding us back. 
1. We can't sing.
2. I don't bake.
3. We weren't sure how our neighbors would react.
Tonight Mr. R. and I realized we had a free night and we decided to face our fears. 
1. We decided to sing just one carol. We wish you a Merry Christmas. 
2. We gave out hot cocoa. With help from the dollar store mugs and coupons on hot chocolate.
3. We brought Piper and pups, hoping their cuteness would win everyone over.
  The verdict: THEY LOVED US! 
This is totally becoming a tradition, so fun, so worth it. 
So many smiles!

2 comments:

  1. You guys are way too cute. I would have been too nervous to do such a thing, but you really can't go wrong with a cute baby and doggies. I'm loving your daily Christmas posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How Awesome! ...and yes, I'm sure the baby and pups helped ease the "there's a stranger at the door and they're singing" fear.

    ReplyDelete