Monday, June 27, 2011

Made my Monday

1. The number of people who are praying with us for Mr. R.'s opportunity. It's amazing that we have been blessed with usch awesome friends. God knew what he was doing when he introduced us to all of you. You guys are seriously ROCKSTARS!

2. Piper was an amazing napper today. Three daytime naps for 90 minutes each, which allowed me a trip to the grocery store and an afternoon workout. (I am not sure if I should tell you that she made up for all that good behavior by being a terror from 5:00 PM until 8:30. But she is currently sleeping now and looks like an angel so all is forgiven.)

3. We have had smores for dessert the past 5 nights. I learned that putting peanut butter on one of the graham crackers in the smore sandwich is as close to an earthly heaven as I will ever get.

4. We got rain, glorious rain in Florida today! No, the drought is not solved, but our grass is green again and I no longer feel like I am being cooked alive when we leave the house.

5. My Mom sent us an amazing care package today. She remembered that Mr. R. and I just discovered the TV show "The Middle" and she sent us season #1 along with a gift for Pip.

6. Napping when the baby naps is the BEST ADVICE ever. I fought it for a long time prentending like I was Superwoman and could survive on very little/almost no sleep. But this napping thing is glorious. I am signed up for a summer full of mid morning and afternoon naps and I love it.

7. I got invited to a book club starting this Saturday. We are reading Beth Moore's, So Long Insecurity. I read it last year with friends from school, but it's a powerful book that deals with a VERY tough life lesson, and I think I could use a refresher.

8. Piper makes the most adorable baby noises in her sleep. They are grunting, snoring, snorting sounds that are followed by breathy sighs. She makes me fall in love with her all over again.

Happy Monday!
Here's to being thankful for today, to being present and making the most out of the everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment