Tuesday, June 7, 2011

$10 for a recording of a vacuum cleaner?

Piper did not sleep last night. Actually that's not true, she slept from 9-11PM and then from 1-3:30 AM. The rest of the time she was crying, eating, or fussing. Mr. R. and I traded her back and forth (I fed, he burped) and we are both bleary eyed and exhausted today. 

We got her to actually sleep at 7:00 AM. We exchanged a quiet high-five and he went to work and I went to bed. 45 minutes later she was up again, crying. We changed her, fed her, burped her and yet the crying ensued. We followed the 5 S steps and still she cried. 

Being the researcher that I am I hit the interwebs for advice. Babycenter.com recommended busting out the old vacuum and sweeping our floors while holding Piper. Another blog suggested the hairdryer. The hair dryer was more accessible so on it went. And SHE STOPPED CRYING! It wasn't gas pains or hunger. She wants noise, loud noise, and lots of it. 

Mr. R. being cheap, I mean energy conscious, was not about to let me run my hair dryer all afternoon in order to get our fussy baby to sleep. In his words, "We are wasting electricity, there has to be an app for that". 

Well, there isn't an app yet, but we did find an itunes recording of a vacuum, a hairdryer, relaxation white noise, and white noise for adults. 
It costs $10. And it's worth every penny. 


1 comment:

  1. You may laugh, but . . . we still use the fan, an air machine, lullaby music AND his light up under the sea crib thingy (I have no idea what the name of it is at this moment, haha!) for Gavin to sleep at night!! I think now that I am about to be on break I am going to take away one thing at a time except for maybe the air machine to get him used to sleeping on his own, but we tried EVERYTHING!!! and finally ALL of the above worked, haha!!

    ReplyDelete