Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Harvey I could kiss you!

Today, marks the third day of a screaming child and a non-sleeping Mama. (Mr. R. would like me to note that he is not sleeping either.) We tried the white noise several times today and Pip could have cared less. I walked her twice (5 miles total) and she fussed the WHOLE TIME. I ran the hair dryer for three hours and she slept, BARELY. We had friends and family visit and she SCREAMED (for most of the visit).

Mr. R. and I were at our wits end. As a last resort we turned back to Harvey. We busted out the 5 S steps. We powered through her crying as we swaddled her (straight jacket style), we bounced her on her side, and we made shushing sounds as loud as vacuum. 

And finally, she was quiet, gloriously quiet. And she is STILL SLEEPING. I feel almost normal. I might actually sleep tonight.

Dr. Harvey Karp, you are brilliant. I love you and if you were here, I would kiss you. (Mr. R. is so grateful he just might kiss you too).

No comments:

Post a Comment