Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Happy Anniversary

You know I love a party... I love holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, basically any chance to celebrate with cake and a fun party dress. But this year, on our big 5th anniversary, I didn't have a plan. Instead I had a baby who was not sleeping, a basket full of laundry (covered in spit up), and not a cupcake in sight. Our fussy baby would not allow a dinner out and to be honest I am not ready to leave her alone with a babysitter.
 So we improvised, a bottle of sangria (thanks Rachel!), crockpot fajitas, and grocery store doughnuts. Mr. R. rocked our little girl to sleep in his pajamas while I prepped dinner. In an attempt to be festive I donned a cardigan over my nursing tank. We settled in for a Netflix movie and quality time on our IKEA chaises.
Mr. R. bought me a pair of earrings from Anthropologie for Christmas two years ago. I lost one of those earrings while delivering Piper. I wore them to the hospital, but they never made it home. Today I searched for their replacements.
I fell in love with the cupcake earrings. They are nothing like the earring I lost but they remind me of all the cupcakes Mr. R. and I have eaten together the past 5 years. The birthday cupcakes, date night cupcakes, Christmas cupcakes, DC cupcakes, Luli's cupcakes, Valentine's cupcakes, We're pregnant! cupcakes, baby shower cupcakes, and now 5 years together cupcakes. Best anniversary present ever!

Wait, I take that back, Piper has been sleeping for 4 hours and I was able to do all the laundry, take a LONG shower, catch up on blogs, and make dinner... that might just be the best present ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment