Friday, June 17, 2011

The fourth trimester:

It's been 5 weeks since Miss Piper came into my life and she really did change everything. I think the hardest adjustment for me has been my lack of "me" time. My life now revolves around a three hour feeding schedule and my "me" time is now when I clean the house, catch up on laundry, do the dishes, and if I am lucky shower. Gone are the long luxurious showers and the make-up and hair routine.

In fact today I wanted to run, do the dishes, and shower in a 2 hour nap window. This meant I ran 2 miles (in 22 minutes), came home and fed Piper, took a shower while Mr. R. burped her, and finally finished emptying and loading yesterday's dishes while she had tummy time.

She is currently napping again (hence the reason I have time to post) and will hopefully stay down for another 20 minutes so I can start dinner.

In the next few weeks I hope to start blogging about our new normal. The good, the bad, and the lessons we are learning along the way. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment