Friday, June 24, 2011

5 years!

Today marks 5 years of marriage to Mr. R.
In the past five years, we have finished graduate school, traveled to four countries, adopted two puppies...
We moved 3 times, bought our first home, had a baby!, left two good jobs in hopes of finding great ones,
and started a new life 800 miles from our families.
Mr. R. you are the peanutbutter to my chocolate, the vanilla syrup to my latte, and the powdered sugar to my doughnut.
I know you like to joke that you wrestled me into marriage... You love to brag that you always knew I was the one, that you had plans for our future from the very beginning.
But I'll have you know I felt the very same way.
I just like to make you work for it :)
Mr. R. you carved a spot in my heart early on.
You make my soul sing, my cheeks blush, my heart flutter, and my smile grow.
Here's to 100 more years by your side.
Now, let's break out those cupcakes!
source

3 comments:

  1. How nice Hilary. You have a way with words. Happy Anniversary again and many more.

    ReplyDelete