Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Resolutions....

I suck at them.
I never stick to them.
I think I make them to lofty and upon my first failure, I give up and wait for next year.


Of course my head is telling me to make the obligatory resolutions:
i.e. lose 20 lbs, run more, read the Bible through (finally!), and save money...
But what I really want this year is a challenge.
I discovered Stephanie O'Dea's blog this summer and was amazed at her challenge and how she not only completed it, but succeeded in inspiring America to make use of a long forgotten kitchen appliance.

I found Jess' blog last January and was inspired by her 21 day challenge to love running. Not only did she discover her inner runner she went on to run two marathons, countless half marathons and run 8 months of her pregnancy! Talk about amazing...



Or how about my friends Danielle. Last year she challenged herself to complete the couch to 5K challenge and ended up running the Nike Women's Marathon and inspiring 1/2 of our workplace!

So this year....without further adieu....
I challenge myself to take a photo everyday! I know its not as exciting as training for a marathon, but it will help me tell the story of my life. Here's the deal... I will take one photo a day and tell you a little story about what happened. I hope you'll still stop by All Things Republican as I document 2010.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your resolution! I hope you and Mr. R are enjoying New Year's Eve and best wishes for 2010 - can't wait to spend it with you :)

    P.S.
    You are so sweet to include me in your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea. Can't wait to see your photos.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete