Saturday, December 19, 2009

December 19th: My first Saturday off in ages!

Mr. R and I had planned to be out of town this weekend. A trip to NJ and NYC was in the works. At this time today I should have been visiting with friends, shopping in China Town, and seeing Rock of Ages on Broadway.With everything that happened last weekend, we decided to postpone our trip and stay closer to home. It turns out we had the right idea because as I type this my hometown is being pelted with snow! 24 inches to be exact.Since we were supposed to be out of town we didn't have any plans for the weekend. We NEVER get weekends off here in casa de republican so I jumped at the chance to sleep in. I did a little shopping, visited with my Grandmother, took the dogs to the pup park, and busted out the crock pot.

I think it is well known that I have a bit of an obsession with my crock-pot. I love how I can spend 10 minutes in the morning prepping dinner and then come home to a fully cooked dinner later that night.

Tonight we ate jalapeno corn pudding (made in the crock) and BBQ chicken salad. The jalapeno corn pudding was amazing. It is spicy, gooey, cheese and delicious. Also it can be made weight watchers friendly which is the ultimate bonus for me.

Pictures courtesy of crockpot365 & recipezaar. (My camera is on the fritz, sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment