Sunday, August 23, 2009

Title: TBD

I have a had a lack of posts recently do to my mom being in town. This does not mean I have had a lack of material to post about however.

My mom is fantastic and you should all be lucky enough to have a mom like her. She is funny, honest, Jersey crass, and adorably cute. Her cuteness and likability allow you to be shocked when the Jersey crass exits her mouth. We went to the gym together, did lots of shopping, had a true IKEA adventure, (complete with three carts, a thunderstorm, and an incident involving me almost breaking a chair) and I even pumped some gas. I know, be shocked, I can't believe I did it either.

She left on Saturday and I miss her already. It's hard to believe two weeks flew by so quickly. I have to take solace that I will see her in November and then again at Christmas.

School started for me this week, although the kiddies do not come back until Monday. I wish I could say I am excited to start the new year, but I feel right now, that my heart is not in it. I have several challenging children this year (to put it mildly) and a marathon to run in 8 short weeks. I think I am starting to crack under the pressure.

The good news is the house is almost complete and to my liking. My style is rather eclectic and I have this crazy idea that every room in the house must tell a story, serve at least two purposes, and be relaxing and welcoming. This results in me designing rooms that are full of family photos, travel momentos, hand painted signs or pictures, and lots of overstuffed comfy furniture.
I promise I will post pictures soon. I am in love with the dining room space. I also am incredibly Psych-ed I found a home for our pineapple tea pot (did any of you get the reference? It's okay if your didn't we can still be friends) and Mr. R's handmade Grecian hat.

I am hoping to get more use out of the dining room space this year starting with Sunday night dinners. I am stealing this idea from a friend at school who used to host them. Its basically a gathering of friends on Sunday evening to eat comfort food (aka made in the slow cooker) and play games while celebrating the close of the weekend. If you are lucky enough to live in the St. Auggy area, you might receive your invitation soon!

Mr. R and I also had another life plan/ goals talk today. We are taking two big trips this year, Asheville & NYC, and are still planing to go to France in the spring. We have been pinching our pennies, but I think the belt needs to tighten even more! (Could I have used any more cliches?) I guess, Mama will not be getting that new pair of shoes for a LONG time.

Speaking of shoes DSW has the most adorable flats right now, if you stand on your feet for 8hrs a day like I do, do not walk, but run and buy these flats. Your arches will thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment