Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Menu Monday (belated)

I am back to work this week. And I have managed to get myself to school on time while looking relatively put together. I am however lacking in the wife department. Mr. R and I have decided not to eat out in an attempt to save a few clams so chick fil-a and I are on a break. (Much to my sadness. ) This means I will be cooking 14 meals this week. Here's a look at what we will be eating.

Sunday:
Brunch: Banana macadamia nut pancakes (see Sunday's post for recipe)
Dinner: Crock pot chili served with fresh bread and Jalapeno Popper dip.
* I used canned kidney beans instead of dried. (The red bean toxin freaks me out).

Monday:
Lunch: Mr. R was on his own. School provided lunch on the first day.
Dinner: Leftover chili served salad style.

Tuesday:
Lunch: Frozen Amy's Tamale Verde. (Full of salt but sooooo good!)
Dinner: Pierogies with low fat kielbasa. Served with sour cream and fresh tomatoes.
* I had help from frozen pierogies for tonight's dinner.

Wednesday:
Lunch: Ham & Swiss sandwich (exciting huh?) served with sun chips and apple slices.
I am currently loving Jack Daniels honey mustard.
Dinner: Sweet potato pancakes with maple sausage (for Mr. R).
* The pancakes taste like fall. Makes me dream of a time when it won't feel like a sauna outside.

Thursday:
Lunch: Pesto, provolone, and roast beef sandwich. (I will eat mine cold, but Mr. R puts his on the George [Foreman] and eats it Panini style.) Served with horseradish dipping sauce and carrots.
Dinner: Mini pepperoni breads served with Caesar salad.
*Mr. R is hosting an officers meeting at our house so dinner needs to be quick and serve up to 8 people.

Friday:
Lunch: grab bag. (At this point I will take whatever is left in the Fridge)
Dinner: Steakhouse sliders and steak fries (courtesy of Rachael Ray)
Dessert: TBA. I'll let you know how it turns out!
* We are having the grandparents for dinner. Thus elevating the night to a dessert occasion. I may even set the table using all three utensils tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment