Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm Back Babydolls!

The above heading is in reference to the TV show "How I Met your Mother", which I watch way to often as Mr. R has the DVDs and they suck me in with the cheerfully romantic plot lines.

So much as happened since my last post and I will attempt to fill you in on my little life in the 10 minutes I have before guests arrive and I must make/serve them dinner.

1. Marine Science is OVER! The camp ended last Thursday and while I love the fact I don't have to be up at 6:00 on the dot any more or wear the same shirt for four days in a row, I had a blast. The kids for the most part were great and really, who can complain about a job that pays you to be at the beach?

2. Sod, glorious sod! The sod was installed my last week at work and we have successfully kept it alive for two weeks. Apparently, my thumb isn't as black as I thought. The pups love it and are keeping it well fertilized. (Proving the sod should be thriving for years to come).

3. We have wood! (floors that is) The floors are in and they are beautiful. I almost didn't want to put our furniture back. I also love that their beauty has made Mr. R almost stop wearing his shoes in the house. (Double score!). The pups aren't too sure about them yet. They don't like that they click when they walk. This has put a damper on their stealth ability to steal food and open the treat cabinet.

4. Danielle is 29, well she has been for a few weeks now, but we celebrated her awesomeness and how thankful we are that she was born, last Thursday. Due to the fact that we only had half a floor at the time of party Kristin offered her house and all I had to due was provide the food. I tried a few new recipes and they were so good. We stuffed ourselves with buffalo chicken dip,(I use no butter and fat free/low fat cheeses) 7 layer Mexican dip, steak nachos, chicken nachos and queso. And it's not a birthday without some funfetti cupcakes ala Rachel.

5. Stuff the Bus! The YRs are hosting a school supply drive, for local kids, inspired by yours truly. You all know I have a strong desire for all things organization and crayola. We are asking for donations of folders, pencils, pens, and notebooks. (All other supplies are welcome too!) We have had some awesome donations from very generous people. And if you also want to be awesome and generous throw some supplies our way. You too could have a shout-out on my blog!

6. Obamanomics 101. With school starting in just two weeks (Eeek! I am so not ready). Mr. R was saying how we, as a club, need to educate people about what's going on with our money, aka taxes. The health care plan is a buzz on the news right now, but I gotta tell you, I don't really trust the news to give the full story anymore. Instead Mr. R and I, present to you, Obamanomics 101: Change we can't afford. If you want to know what President Obama's proposed changes mean for you paycheck and your family, leave a comment and I will send you a link to our new series.

7. I need new running shoes. I am back to running and logging some serious miles. I have yet to break in my new shoes well enough and now I have some serious blisters on both of my freakishly long index toes. I know as if feet weren't gross enough already.

8. Billy Banks is back (in my VCR). Yes, I am old school and still have a VCR. Also Billy Blanks, the Tae-Bo wonderman, (I love him), has new videos that are fantastic! The series isn't as crazy as his boot camp series, that almost killed me. It's great for my cross training days and it only takes 45 mins.

9. My mom is coming tomorrow! She is amazing. I love her and I haven't seen her in 7 months. I am so excited. She is my best friend, confidant, and shopping partner.

10. The 2010 IKEA catalogue is here. The layouts are great and my mind is already spinning with ideas on how to revamp our house. I have several pages already marked and circled. I think a trip to Orlando is in order.

Ok, so this has taken much longer than ten minuets resulting in Mr. R having to make dinner. Maybe I should blog at the dinner hour more often. Fellow bloggers, thanks for hanging in their during my recent draught of blog posts. I promise to do a better job of checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment