Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday night dinner with friends.

And so begins a new journey, I think I have mentioned that Mr. R and I have been going through an awkward phase. We are no longer grad students who spend nights out drinking and running around town and yet we don't have kids yet so we aren't in family mode either. We have met fantastic people here in Florida, but we don't have the social network we used to when we lived in DC.

We decided this year we would start a new tradition of Sunday night dinners with friends. We are mixing work friends, church friends, young republicans, and neighbors on Sunday evenings for dinner and games.

Tonight is our first attempt at hosting and on the menu are: steak fajitas, Spanish rice, pineapple upside down cheesecake, and UNO.

(UNO was my favorite game as kid. I would play it for hours with my friends at the local pool in the summer, after swim practice of course. I lived for wild cards and the ability to skip my neighbors turn and I dreaded the draw four!)

The house is presentable, most of the food has been purchases, and dessert was made last night. I am really excited about the prospect of meeting new people and mixing up our social circle. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment