Sunday, August 23, 2009

IHOP + Martha = Awesome Breakfast

After seeing way too many commercials for IHOP and their USA inspired pancakes I decided it was time to bust out my inner Martha and give specialty pancakes a try. I combined a few ideas and favorites and the result was an amazing Sunday morning breakfast that left Mr. R , the pups, and me stuffed to the gills. (On a side note, I have no idea why we use this expression. As humans by nature we do not have gills. We use lungs to breathe).

I wish I had taken pictures of our delicious indulgence, but alas you will have to settle for the recipe.

Using a just add water pancake mix, my preference is Aunt Jemima. I use seltzer water instead of regular water because Rachael Ray says it makes lighter and fluffier pancakes. To be honest I don't notice a difference, but its the thought that counts. (make sure to whisk the water in) Slice two bananas and stir into pancake mix. Add one small bag of macadamia nuts. (You may need to chop these guys up a bit).

Next heat up your griddle or frying pan and start flipping some flap jacks. (Easiest recipe ever I know! And I promise your husband will think you are a rock star).

The pancakes taste amazing with orange butter. Combine two tablespoons of smart balance (or whatever you use) with three tablespoons of orange marmalade.

Serve pancakes with orange butter and maple syrup. We also had grilled bacon. Nothing is better than breakfast with bacon!

No comments:

Post a Comment