Thursday, September 20, 2012

Shiver me timbers it's date night!

Ahoy me matey, yesterday was National Talk like a Pirate Day. The Mr. and me celebrated like salty sea dogs with Hawaiian pizza, rum and pineapple juice cocktails, and a treasure chest filled with Reese's peanut butter cups. In this house Reese's are right up there with gold doubloons. This date was really just a spin on our usual dinner and movie date. 
Mr. R. rented the movie Pirates Band of Misfits for our viewing pleasure, currently $1.00 at our local Redbox. We took a pirate quiz, courtesy of National Geographic kids, to test our knowledge about the Great Scallywags of the Seas. And of course there were photo props, I actually had these leftover from Pip's birthday photo booth. 
 I needed this date last night. We have been running this week both litterally and figuratively. Sitting at the table, talking with my husband, stretching out on the couch in my pajamas, taking time to make silly faces and take pictures...the stress just melted away.
Yo ho ho, Happy Pirate Day to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment