Saturday, May 29, 2010

5/28: More than I can chew...

Mr. R and I had an incredibly busy week this week and all I wanted to do today was relax, sleep, nap, hang out...

But that was just not possible. We had errands to run, walls to paint, clothes to wash, a refrigerator to clean, meals to prep, and a whole house to straighten and clean.

I was almost in tears when I looked at the growing to-do list. So, we made a decision. We are going to have our house cleaned once a week by a professional. This will take some of the pressure off of me and guarantee that our house will hopefully always look presentable.

I am a little nervous about having someone in my home, but we will have our initial interview on Tuesday so hopefully I will feel more comfortable then.

A few questions though:
I am unsure of what to offer as payment. She will be cleaning the kitchen, our bedroom, two bathrooms, the dining room, living room, and TV room. I was thinking between $75 and $100.

Also besides the normal dusting, vacuuming, and sweeping as their any other things I need to add to my to-do list?

Thanks for listening to me vent!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats on being in the financial place to have a cleaning person!

    I have NO advice to give you, as I have never had a cleaning person, but perhaps you could peruse the internet for what the professionals offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure we are in the place financially, I just need a major break. And Mr. R is unable to pick up the slack, which means we need help. I have been looking and I think $80 is fair. We shall see!

    ReplyDelete