Friday, May 21, 2010

5/21: Retail Therapy


My week was awful! I had a bit of a scare at work on Thursday. I am mentally and physically exhausted and I have no jeans in my closet that fit. Mr. R's computer died on Wednesday. And this just happens to be his company's biggest week of the year. He also had a zoning meeting this week and a potential client that had been putting him through the ringer for two weeks only to end up not signing. Ugh!

When I rolled in the driveway Friday afternoon Mr. R was all about a night out. First, we headed to the outlets to check out the pre-memorial day sales. Gap was AMAZING! Two pairs of jeans, two cardigans, a shirt, and two tanks for $70. And Mr. R found a few dress shirts at Banana. (His new favorite store. Brooks Brothers is no longer at the top of his list).

A night out is simply not complete without dinner and I was craving some creatures of the sea. As commercial as this sounds I love Red Lobster. I know I live in Florida and can get seafood at any hole in the wall I choose, but there is something about those cheddar biscuits. They lore me in the sirens in Homer's iliad. I feasted on crab legs and Mr. R had the lobster and scallops. (I think I won "the best meal competition" tonight.) I ate my weight in Alaskan King Crab and came home fat and happy.

Let's just hope those new jeans I bought still fit tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment