Friday, October 2, 2009

TGIF!

Friday could not come fast enough this week. I was ready for Friday on Wednesday and that is never a good sign. I am starting to feel very overwhelmed and frustrated by the schedule I have created for us. Between Mr. R's work and social commitments, my new students, church functions, and family stuff I feel I am pulled in a thousand different directions with not enough time to accomplish anything well. It's only 6 weeks into the start of the school year and I already want a vacation! Someone needs to tell my body its not thanksgiving yet.

My goal was to make this weekend as comforting and relaxing as possible. I planned for lesiurely errands, a short (long 8 mile) run, and lots of napping. Mr. R threw my plans out the window very early on Friday nioght by accepting more responsibilities from the local GOP and now we are more overloaded than ever. (Why is it that husbands have selective hearing?) I know I will make this work and we will be fine. I am just not sure how. And I plan to stay mad about his new decision for a while.
In the words of my mother, God said we have to forgive and forget. He didn't say we have to do this quickly.

Here are my daily eats from Friday. What's missing is the Chinese food we ordered to make up for the dinner we missed while Mr. R was on the phone. By the time we got the food home at almost 8:00, I was so hungry I ate mine out the container and forgot to take a picture.



Chobani blueberry yogurt mixed with cheerios and oats.

Leftover quiche with honey wheat pretzel sticks I also celebrated (a coworker's new job) with fruit pizza (not pictured). It was so good!

I think that will be my last Chinese food for a while. It made me sick to my stomach... I should note that perhaps the way I ate it (wolfing it down almost whole) could have caused this feeling too.

No comments:

Post a Comment